I think that the biggest problem with People fleeing an ara isn't those that have the means or the resorces to eveacuate. Those of us on this list have plans in place, have solutions and thus I would say those on this forum I would be comefortable having in my house.

Fleeing people proved to be an issue during Katrina. There were un-substantuated reports that those that were offered houseing were steeling from those that shelterd them. Now I need to re-state that this was un-substantuated, but I would say that letting strangers in your house would be opening yourself up for true issues.

If things were to deteriorate to the point that people were murading through your neck of the woods, I would like to think that you would know about it and see it comeing. To be blunt, if things got to that point, you should know about it and have taken precautions.

Maybe as people slip through your neck of the woods escaping what ever disaster would increas petty crimes, but I don't see or would not predict huge crime waves. The best defense would be to park the car in the Garage, lock all the doors and windows and take necesary precautions, but I would not bug out.

Bugging out would be like running with the lemmings. Rather than solving the problem, your adding to it.

There are times that bailing before the hord arives is a wise choice, but we are going back to very apocoliptic scenarios.