Originally Posted By: dweste
Please. Factor in you are starving, cold, ill, and afraid - perhaps injured. Your babies, kids, and friends are the same. Your significant other is trying to be brave but you can see them suffering. The homeowners are warm, have food, have medications, have warm clothes, have first aid supplies, etcetera, and say no.

At some point you and the millions like you are likely to be overwhelmed by need and your perceived duty to your loved ones, aren't you?

So it's cold and presumably then not hurricane season.

Am I and my millions of refugee cohorts on foot?

Having fled what?

The fed-state-local governments, Red Cross, et.al. are just going to stand by while we shuffle up the highway on foot scavenging for dandelions?

I am confident that the American people won't just stand by and watch that nightmare play out with fellow Americans. That is not our nature.

If that's the Mad Maxish scenario and millions are fleeing the Washington-Baltimore corridor, then residents of the little towns in our paths out of here (likely I-66, I-70) should be afraid. Very afraid.

City folk have guns, too. Even in strict gun control jurisdictions.

I, of course, ETS-trained, will have driven my food-laden vehicle as far as it would go on a tank of gas and then will be on a bike, riding with friends on bikes, pulling bike trailers laden with camping gear and food. When that food and all my cash are gone then I'll probably just slit my wrists with my Ritter MK5.