Thought it would be worthwhile to update what's happening with the Personal Survival Pak.

I happen to be sitting in an office at AMK having just finished a meeting reviewing production details for the new kit. Some excellent developments over the past month or two.

1. The PSP will include a Fox 40 whistle made especially for us. The latest Fox 40 prototype is extraordinary. Triple frequency, very nearly as loud as the full-size Fox 40 Classic, but compact and louder than any other slim whistle out there. Superb ergonomics. Dual-carry lanyard hole, so lays flat. They are now starting on production tooling.

2. The latest prototype signal mirror is performing well beyond the minimum standard I set, and beyond my expectations. In ground to air tests recently it was visible at 23 miles under far less than ideal conditions. It is just a hair over 1/8 inch thick, double layer polycarbonate (that's generic Lexan) with a retro-reflective mesh aimer (like on the old fashioned glass mil-spec mirrors or as used by Rescue Reflectors in their high end mirrors) that provides a sharply defined aiming spot. Instructions are protected under the backing layer, so cannot be easily damaged. Includes instructions for signaling with two hands at high angles or for using other reflective materials as additional improvised mirrors.

The bad news, is that the availability date has been pushed back a month and they expect the first kits to be available at retail in early February.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com