I developed a companion kit to my PSK, it is the "Shelter" componant (Heatsheet Bivy/2-Person Heatsheet/matches/75' nylon twine) that is contained within a Hersey's Chocolate Syrup can (284 ml), this can is wrapped in cordage (nylon mason cord and parachute cord if I remember correctly) then this unit is inserted into a small stainless steel container with a see-thru lid. The final size is about 3 1/4" dia by 4 1/2' tall.

With this kit you have overhead shelter and the bivy bag, plus 2 containers to boil water in. The metal containers have 2 holes punched in the top and wire to make them into billy cans. I will post this kit someday when I get free time to take the pictures and do the write-up, maybe after Christmas.

I used the outer can on last springs ovenight trip seen here hanging over the fire between my boots in image # 8.

The ability to drink a hot liquid when it is cold allows you to take the heat energy of the fire and apply it directly to your inner body core. Helps me get through the night when I have minimal equipment.

Mike