Streamside

Here are the insurance people I use when I take groups overseas. I researched a lot of these foreign med policies, and this coverage looked to be very good for the price. They are also pretty responsive - at least when setting up paperwork, policies, and getting details worked out quickly.

https://www.medexglobalgroup.com/

I cannot tell you how well they would do ... specifically in covering medical problems in China. But they do handle coverage across the globe.

My practical advice ... get a policy like this for each person going to China. But in the event that things do go wrong - don't expect things to work out seamlessly. You could well still face a lot of hassles - before problems get ironed out.

Some possible pitfalls include the following:

1. Often these evacuation policies won't be authorized by the insurance company without the advice of a doctor. But suppose you experience an accident in a remote town in China. Where on earth is the local doctor, anyway? Good question. So there are issues about "authorization" and whether they will cover getting you out in a hurry. But my advice would be to use common sense - and fight it out with the insurance company later.

2. Some foreign hospitals have a very nasty habit of demanding to be paid in full - at the time a patient is released. Unfortunately, insurance companies rarely pay up that quickly, and sometimes not without disputing the costs. This can create an enormous amount of hassle for you, and may require you to fork out a substantial amount of personal money before everything is finally settled. That's life ... as I said this is not a seamless process. But the insurance is still a very good idea.

good luck!
the other Pete