Dagny,

The Burley Nomad is one of the best cargo haulers out there, especially if you like 2 wheelers. The BOB is a good trailer, but many people are uncomfortable with the single wheel trailers. It's all personal preference, they will both haul a ton of gear.

I am more of a pannier person, but I have a Burley Solo that I haul my daughters in. My 6 year old has upgraded to the Burley Piccolo trail-a-bike. So I pull her and my wife pulls my 2 year old in the trailer.

Bike touring is a blast, and is pretty much all the cycling I do now. I started out riding MTBs, then switched to roadie and have evolved into touring. I built up both of my tourers from frame, one as an "off road" tourer for trails and one more road focused. I should probably bring one of them to work and leave it at the office. Not sure what my office mate would stay about that...

If you want to tap into a ton of touring wisdom and can handle an email list, sign up for the Phred list. You will learn everything you ever wanted to know about touring from people who have literally ridden around the world.

Greg