The list looks to me like it was thrown together by someone that didn't do any research, didn't put any effort into the article, and has never lived in an area where there are serious storms.

I saw an editorial cartoon years ago that showed a person identified as a journalist spinning a giant roulette wheel, with many different subjects listed on the wheel: farming, economy, environment, biology, etc. The sign above the wheel said "Today I'm going to pretend to be an expert in:". I'm surprised the newspaper printed it, and sorry that I didn't keep a copy.

To the specifics of the list, no source of heat, no tools or repair supplies of any kind except FAK, no mention of cooking methods that work if the utilities are out, no mention of extra water to clean dishes and cookware, no mention of any type of kit to take with you if you had to evacuate, no mention of any documentation of any kind. I don't understand the purpose of the cold packs and masks in a kit that's designed solely for being bottled up at home. It's not like you're going to sprain your arm fixing something with the tools you don't have.

Given the quality of the list, and the 82% number, I personally don't believe that a survey was taken.

Also just my opinion - anybody that claims to be able to give you expert advice about everything, is usually qualified to give you advice on nothing.