Todd W: There is metal drip edge applied over the shingle edges at the top edge and sides, and underneath the shingles at the bottom edge. You can see the drip edge clearly at the top front of the little shed. The roof is a sandwich with the following layers top to bottom: drip edge as above, shingles, thickish tarpaper (with two layers with roofing tar in between along the bottom edge), 1/2 or 5/8 inch plywood, 2 inch thick styrofoam board insulation, then the 2 X 6" spruce tongue and groove boards for the ceiling of the shed. As I recall, the plywood sheathing covers everything underneath and, although you can't see it, probably overhangs everything by maybe a quarter or half inch, including the red cedar facing boards that you see running around the edge of the roof line.

I didn't want any eaves, thinking that this would basically prevent the formation of any ice dams and icecycles (sp?) caused by melting snow running down the roof and freezing at overhanging eaves. This design prevents that entirely. It hasn't leaked a drop since 1992.

As far as I know, I don't have any digital images of the construction.