Originally Posted By: MostlyHarmless
Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

I haven't had a chance to use the lightweight Titanium windshield in the field yet but it does look quite promising to help improve efficiency of the stove in very windy difficult conditions during winter.

The setup looks awesome, but my initial gut reaction is "that is a HUGE gap between the windscreen and the pot". You may want to try out tightening the titanium wind screen (which really is just a sheet of titanium bent around the stove, right?).

Hmm, I have another opinion about the windscreen. The wide gap around the stove in this case is a blessing in disguise at it provides more space around the cannister and avoiding a potential problem. In fact a wind screen that is too close to the cannister and stove can overheat the cannister. If you tighten the windscreen, better to allow for a lot of bottom ventilation so that the a good portion of the heat isn't reflected down on to the cannister. Having good airflow from underneath will help carry the heat up the sides of the pot and better to cook the entire pot instead of just the bottom. Just don't enclose the cannister - a disc reflector under the flame can also help prevent the cannister from overheating.