I have both a red and green laser flare. The ONLY benefit the red one has over the green is it's size (slightly smaller).

Others have made the case that the green is a more effective signaling device, but it is almost impossible to explain how much better the green laser is until you use it!

As for durability, I have had one that has ridden in either my wildland fire kit or SAR radio harness every shift for the past three years (plus deployments, SAR events and training) and it is still going strong. I would put it in par with Surefire for quality and durability.

OH and on a side note, the green laser flare is visible through night vision even with the blue/green filters some aviation units use. These blue/green filters will block out (or make next to impossible to notice) some green led lights, which is why some SAR groups/agencies recommend red led lights vs green. When we tested the laser flare in green with NVG setup with the filter it was just as noticeable with the filter as without.

Edited by Alan_Romania (11/24/09 05:40 PM)