Originally Posted By: Pete
Under these circumstances I can't see why you would need any elaborate equipment at work. And you don't have any of the concerns that I was hinting at in my longer post (earlier). It is simply far too easy - and logical - for you to just walk home at the earliest convenience during an emergency. You can store all your survival needs at home. All you really need at work is a small survival kit (which you've got), perhaps a small amount of water, a warm jacket, a small flashlight, and maybe a couple of bandages.

Now that we have established that some catastrophes occurring while I'm at work is not a problem for me, let's shift our focus on what would be a problem. In an earlier post I said: "Sometimes I drive to the nearest bus or train station to use public transportation. That is when I am most venerable since all I have is what's on me or in my purse. I can't think of any remote location where I can store gear when using public transportation."

When using public transportation, all I have is what is on me and in my purse. I have established that I dress according to that day's forecast. Jacket, check. I have established I always have a flashlight on me. Flashlight, check. I have established that I have an Ultralight .7 first aid kit, EMT sheers and a CPR mask in my purse. First aid kit, check. When using public transportation I have a .5L bottle of water in my purse and I carry a second .5L bottle of water. One liter of water, check.

I know I'm sounding like a broken vinyl media storage device but I do so in hopes to get across the preparations I have made and the issues I still face.

Jeanette Isabelle