Originally Posted By: Alex
I'd rather prefer a cell phone application for med/id data storage and exchange. Almost everyone carry a cell phone these days. And it's a powerful enough computer for the task. I remember I loved the idea of ICE entries in the phone book for EMT use - such a simple but very useful idea!

There's an App for that!

But would you put that data on your phone and then not secure your phone with a password?

How long should a first responder delay treatment to check different places for emergency information? Necklace? Bracelet? Arm tattoo (difficult and painful to keep updated)? Wallet? USB Stick? Cellphone? PDA? Laptop?

My opinion on carrying data on a USB stick has changed. It wouldn't be any more useful for emergency treatment than a necklace or bracelet that says "NO PENICILLIN" or whatever and then "MORE DETAILS IN WALLET".

-------
I want an alert bracelet that says "IF FOUND, RETURN TO BELLVIEW PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL". smile