Pete - Are they tritium powered? Don't guess I knew that stuff is so verbotten/regulated here in the land of the free (Disclaimer: I don't even have any sight inserts or glowing watch dials... er, I don't even OWN a watch... no, wait, that was "radium paint"...) Seems like a pretty stupid regulatory law. (Even stupider if it's a statute.) Somebody help me; I'm starting up on a soapbox...

I've never been that interested in the glow stuff anyway - tritium half-life is too short, for one thing. But the idea of glow tubes/rings/etc. (?) is very interesting to me.

That explains some chatter I ran across on CPF. Speaking of CPF... if you value your time, DON'T sign up there - arrrgh! It's a tar pit - too much interesting stuff going on over there... But you already knew that.

Regards,

Tom

PS - thanks for the ideas, everyone. I think the little rascal is just gonna stay in my pocket for now, but with a small lanyard on it. Not forever - that HA-III is already brutal on some other objects in that pocket (I *LIKE* that finish!)