Hello, new human. I'm assuming you are human, not highly evolved leftovers from the back of the fridge. If you are, I apologize for the anthrocentric mistake, and promise not to put ketchup on you.

Nope, no age limit, unlike, say, Zombie Squad. So we are a G-rated forum. A hard G, but still still G. :P

As for the tobacco tins, they are getting hard to find for all of us. Most of us have used altoids tins, they are the same size, but I'll point you to somethig even better: gift card tins. And it is the season to find them in stores.

The ones I'm thinking of are square, a little longer on each side than the longest of the altoids tin, but they hold almost twice as much, and lacking a hinge, are easier to waterproof. I saw a similar, but larger and rectangular tin full of gingerbread cookies in Walmart a few days ago for a dollar. But there are a TON of tins. You generally want to ones that are stamped from one pierce, not the ones with rolled and crimped bottoms, but keep your eyes open. In any case, you'll probably want to sand and repaint them.

Unless you want Santa looking up at you from your PSK.

But no small number of us have retired our tins for other things. Me, I like the Playstation Portable and external hard drive cases from Case Logic, very tough. Other people use tiny, pint (literally) sized dry bags or something similar. Other people go the other route, and use the smallest of the Pelican and Otterbox cases, which are even harder than the tins. Now, not saying that tins don't work, because they do. It is just a matter of taste. The hard cases are neigh on indestructable, the softer cases are easier to sit/lie/land on, and those who like a zip open case usually like the organization.

*looks around, whispering conspiratorially* It runs in phases. I'm planning on going back to tins in about four months, make them fashionable again.

So, the gear junkies want to know what are you putting in the tin? *tries to peek*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.