Originally Posted By: Glock-A-Roo
Does anyone know of a prepaid cellphone service (on a reliable network) where the minutes do not expire if you don't use them within a certain timeframe? I'd like to toss a prepaid phone using Verizon's network in my bag as a backup to my usual phone, but all of Verizon's prepaid plans expire if you don't use them pretty quick.

I'd really like to use Verizon's network because it is a stout one, but if you have good alternatives please post them.

One word: Rollover smile Sorry couldn't help myself, seen one too many of that commercial. I am not even sure if there is a rollover plan for a prepaid cellphone service. Maybe check with your current provider and see if they will work something out with you. Much easier to do with a local service provider than with one of the huge national chains.
Another lesson here is that redundancy is a good thing everywehre. A car charger, a solar panel charger, back-up batteries etc all seem to be good options when employed as a layered system. And I recall that energizer also has a battery powered emergency cell phone charger as well.
Good list, great discussion; "Please sir, may I have some more?"

Edited by Mark_Frantom (11/17/09 03:53 PM)