I've been revisiting this site off and on since 9/11. Have been to this site and many others over the years, but just recently registered here. We all realize by now that the "perfect" kit or combination of tools depends on our respective environments, among other things. I have a bad back (and am older...certainly older than 8 years ago!) so need to carry something light. I opted for the tin approach after trying Scott Vests with 64 pockets per square inch, go bags, light satchels, fanny packs. My back just can't take it. It's very true that ounces suddenly turn into pounds when you create a kit.

It's important to feel prepared on a psychological level. It helps keep a positive outlook if something does happen. I've attached the contents of my tins--it's what I'm comfortable with. Can I give myself first aid? Can I pry open a window or air conditioning duct? Will diarrhea get the best of me? I think I've attached 2 files here: the contents of my tins and a list of other uses for some of my items. They are pdf files. I apologize if they end up not being attached.

Attachments
EDC_UrbanKathy.pdf (3567 downloads)
Other Uses EDC_UrbanKathy.pdf (4126 downloads)

Edited by UrbanKathy (11/12/09 01:12 AM)