Originally Posted By: thseng
ala Ironraven's ditch kit.

WOOT! I have fans!

*gets very still, realizing I look silly, then going into calm and distinguished*

It is similiar to my MAV and other similiar vests. This has the advantage of looking very civilian, while still being well built (at least based on it's reputation). While it would probably set off the paranoia of TSA and mall cops, I think it looks very innocent. Which my MAV really doesn't, although most things hanging on me aren't going to look very innocent. But I would put into the same category as Civilian Labs- it looks like someone is adapting high-speed designs to high-drag life styles, and I have my concerns that it might be inadvertently much higher profile than most of us want. But worn with a pack, I honestly don't think anyone would really notice.

My concern with it is the configuration of the straps. As this is designed to be warn with a pack, I have my concerns about them almost being too thin and thus prone to rolling or getting slack if worn alone. I've had that with my MAV when I don't have the X-Harness in it, even.

The price is good, but I don't see any colors other than black on the website.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.