Originally Posted By: hikermor
I often wear a photog's vest, loaded with goodies, when I fly. The point is that it serves as an extra piece of luggage and often allows one to fly without a checked bag. The vest must be removed and put on a tray at all the checkpoints with which I am familiar (domestic travel only). The same would apply to the Ribz vest, right?

And I am afraid you are correct - it does look a bit ominous (meaning not what everyone else is wearing). Maybe it is a good way to see if TSA is really on the ball.

At the airport now, especially with the new body scanner, you pretty much strip down to your basic clothes. Everything goes through the xray and you go into the body scanner. That thing is pretty cool. I guess they use it to scan for mules carry drugs and other things.

I felt pretty safe after going through security. It would be pretty difficult to sneak something through. And the point is not to try. I buy a bottle of water at the airport or fill up a nalgene, if I bring one, after the security screen.