Originally Posted By: Desperado
Originally Posted By: 2005RedTJ

"I just have a tendency to be quite verbal about something I believe in very strongly. "

Then, like myself, you are going to have to learn when to temper your words.

I have been working on this task for almost 39 years, and I figure I am about one third of the way to completion............. laugh laugh

Yeah, I know. 40+ years myself.

All joking aside, unless I can clearly determine 100% for sure that the person I've drawn down on is someone who is not supposed to be inside my house, I'm not pulling the trigger.

I've been in that exact situation years ago when I was married. My in-laws were staying with us, and went out of town for the weekend. They returned a full 24 hours earlier than they told us they were going to without bothering to call. I drew down on the silhouette in the doorway at 3am and demanded to know who they were and what their purpose was in being in my house.

If I drew down on a bad guy I'd call 911 and keep the person at gunpoint, whether I have shot them or not, until the police arrive. If they make a run for it, I'm not about to shoot them in the back and get myself into a world of trouble. I have no medical training to provide much aid for the damage that a gunshot would cause. I would not be shooting them with a .22, so I have no doubt it would do major damage.