Russ, this is not such a great video, and I'll tell you why: it starts with a recent (and edited) CBS News story (10/27/09) chronicling how how the large percentage of assumed H1N1 cases (no testing to confirm) are actually not H1N1 - that's news, and if you want to read the whole story I encourage you to read and to view it at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/21/cbsnews_investigates/main5404829.shtml. In fact CBS has a whole slew of H1N1 news stories that are worth a read, including one on the short supply of vaccines and why they are short (low yield, not other reasons, aka a black helicopter created production shortage).

After the CBS story though the video starts in with a segment from a 1979 60 Minutes on swine flu, which to put a point on it is all the rage in the anti-innoculation crowd these days, and has been used to fuel alot of sentiment against vaccination that ultimately is dangerous to affected populations of people. You can also source video and transcripts of this segment and review it yourself, although beware your sources, some out there have also been edited. My basic response - this segement is from 1979, not 2009, and the content is hardly news or relevant to the H1N1 issue. I didn't watch past the 5 minute mark, this video goes on some 9 minutes, and I don't know whether it has more info to provide or simply devolves into the Mercola message.

I'm not willing or prepared to debate Mercola here, and I hope folks aren't willing to put up with it either. Mostly I just wanted to point out how I found the video to be not so great. We are better off if we can stick to un-edited subjects and current news about the H1N1 pandemic. As 'historical record' this video provides a very subjective viewpoint slanted in my view towards a pre-determined point of view.