Thanks for posting the beam shots - quite nice.
The TK-566 looks pretty good. I'll check it out.

The main problem with the tactical flashlights is cost. They cost serious $$. I always hate losing expensive equipment. I try not to ... but stuff happens.

If you get hit in the face (or other vital points) with any solid metal object - it's really hurts. If you find yourself in a threatening situation on the streeet at night, make sure you already have your flashlight (or knife) in your hand. Awareness is very important. Never let the bad guys get the jump on you. I have never seen any law cases about people n the USA using tactical flashlights in self-defense. But I'd certainly guess that in the USA it could potentially be a problem - you can't smash people with a crenulated flashlight without a very good reason. So, you need to adapt your level of force to the real situation you are in.

In the old days a Mag light was fine - and was often carried by security guards and police. The Mag lights are just heavy, that's all. The new tactical lights are much brighter, and a bit less bulky.

OK, I didn't mean to hijack this thread with discussions about self-defense. This is a survival forum.

I do like the strobe light function on the Fenix light - it would be nice as an emergency signalling device for outdoors use.

Pete