In reference to earlier comments ... I do carry these tough flashlights overseas. I am responsible for peoples' safety in foreign countries, including trips into some pretty rough areas of third world countries. The tactical flashlight functions as a very effective backup weapon - if needed. It's convenient because it serves a double function ... you need a light anyway, and it's got extra defense purposes.

But your first choice for self-defense should be some other (more effective) weapon. The flashlight is a last resort if it comes to physical force.

Breaking the windows of cars is an important rescue technique. It is potentially necessary any time you're responding to a bad auto crash and the driver/passengers are knocked unconscious (or helpless). See, for example, one of the other threads on this forum right now - where someone talks about a woman passenger who died while being trapped in a burning vehicle. These tough flashlights are a very effective tool for breaking a window if you need to.

However as I said - there are many different kinds of lights. Lots of them function really well for survival or rescue purposes. Not all of them are intended for tactical purposes, and that's fine. These days there are a very wide variety of choices ... there should be something to suit just about anybody.

It still would be quite helpful if people published photo's here of the lightbeams from their flashlights. Just do a simple comparison ... side-by-side photo of the new flashlight and a standard mag light would be quite good.

Pete

Edited by Pete (11/01/09 02:17 AM)