Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
I'm in the process of modifying my Pocket Survival Pack to make an urban survival kit. I'm keeping the most important item in the PSK, the instructions. Though most of the information pertains to strictly wilderness survival, there is some information which pertains to all environments. The magnifying lens would come in handy in the event anything happened to my glasses. The Spark-Lite and tender would come in handy if I needed to light a barbecue grill, assuming I had charcoal. The signal mirror can be used as a mirror. Though I already have a conventional size FOX40, a backup whistle wouldn't hurt. A compass can be used in any environment. I can definitely use the sewing needle, thread and safety pins. There is one important item missing from the sewing group, a thimble. I always felt the PSK was missing this important item so today I'm adding one to it.

Using the information in the thread, "Best way to clue EMTs to medical facts," I included a piece of paper (4 1/2" by 3 5/8") with medical and contact information, front and back, placed in the back of my Pocket Survival Pack. I plan to EDC my Pocket Survival Pack in my pocket rather than in my purse in the event something happens to my purse.

Today I realized the thimble is a bit big for the Pocket Survival Pack so I took it out. I will be adding a $5 bill (day pass bus fare) with a high likelihood of additional bills. I imagine this has been addressed before, how is the best way to add medications without crushing them? I was thinking of using an additional plastic vial, like the one for the sewing needle and safety pins. Does anyone have another suggestion for storing medication in my Pocket Survival Pack?

Jeanette Isabelle