I Finally got a chance to watch this uninterrupted this morning. Good grief, what sober television to watch at 0500 on a Monday.

In a strange twist I also watched the latest Surviving Disaster epi yesterday which dealt with the same subject.

While there is so much in both shows to digest and consider, what I can control is what I can do to be ready, the govt and 1st responders will work off their plans and me and my family must work off ours.

Based off our families home and travel patterns during a week in my city, and the official estimates of about 20 minutes from blast to fallout (radiation concerns)I am going to just add a couple of more items to our vehicles BOBs which are multi use:

More N95 respirator masks
More food for the baby and boy.
A bit more water for washing off.

The threat is what it is. Water and food won't go to waste. Even just helping a stranded driver or cyclist in everyday situations around town.

Something I had not considered but its not a bad idea, is that my wife uses a large off roading stroller, it's always in the car and she can put more gear in that and less off her back.

Plus my 6 YO is now certainly old enough to carry his own BOB up to about ten pounds.