Quote:
Umm, not really. The Fenix L2D runtime is rated as:
General Mode: 9 lumens (55hrs) -> 40 lumens (10.5hrs) -> 80 lumens (4hrs) -> Turbo Mode: 140 lumens (2.4hrs). 55 hrs vs. 10 hrs makes a big difference IMHO.

One of the main reasons why I bought an LD20 was the flexible output. You have a very bright turbo mode as well as a low output setting where the batteries will last almost forever (plus several options in between).

I was using the real run times that have been measured for L2D here at

http://www.light-reviews.com/fenix_l2d_ce_q5/

All the testing on this website throughout all the reviews have been standardised on Eneloop AA for all the AA type flashlights.

So for the L2D we get;

Turbo Mode = 2 hrs @ 140 lm compared to approx 1hr 15 min @180-200 lm for the TK-566

High = 4 hr 15 min compared to 3.5hrs for the TK-566 (slight difference in the output will account for the difference)

Medium = 9 3/4 hrs each

Low = 22 hrs (calculated from the measured current draw of my L2D). The TK-566 doesn't have this extra low mode.

These were all measured using Eneloop cells. Primary Lithium will have much longer runtimes.

The published manufacturers data for the run times will always be with the best battery chemistry i.e. Energiser Primary Lithium with some slight exaggeration on their products performance, although Fenix I have found don't tend to be to far over the top for their claims compared to other manufacturers that I can think off.

The L2D does have exceptional run time performance and very flexible output/run time performance especially with the extra low 9 lumen output and claimed 55 hr runtime (a mode the TK-566 doesn't have). The Fenix L2D is a highly recommended flashlight.

The run time estimates for the TK-566 are based on initial current readings for the different modes on fresh Eneloop AAs.