As Doug Ritter has said, "If it isn't with you, it can't save you." I have the Pocket Survival Pack. It's currently sitting on my desk next to the computer monitor. I don't carry it with me.

Since I have one, cost is clearly not the issue. I have a first aid kit that's larger than the Pocket Survival Pack so size is not the issue either. The issue is, I see it strictly as a wilderness kit. The fishing kit, the instructions. . . . With the exception of a few items, everything about it points to that this is strictly a wilderness kit. Furthermore, to quote a passage from the frequently asked questions, "Many of the survivors who will need to rely on these instructions will have limited or no experience with the skills necessary to survive an unexpected stay in the wilderness."

Either I don't need it or I don't think I need it. If Doug intended it to be an urban and wilderness kit, I think he missed it by not making it clear this is for all environments.

Jeanette Isabelle