Quote:
Goodness me! You must tell me if that actually works at 400 lumens without melting your gloves.

The MC-E drop in was run in the Ultrafire WF-502B for about 15 minutes on max power. The ambient air temperature was around 20C. An Ultrafire 18650 2400mAhr LC 3.7V Li-ion cell was used, which I measured at 3.9 Volts open circuit. The Ultrafire certainly heated up but was still able to be handled without any gloves. I would reckon the temperature stablised at around 40-45 C. The current was initially measured at around 1.8 Amps so the power being dissipated would have been around 7 Watts in total. The output at 7 Watts according to Cree on the MC-E technical data sheet would be around 400-450 lumen (based on the neutral white colour). So overall I'm quite happy with the little MC-E based P60 drop in. Low power output should be around the 100 Lumen mark. grin

Quote:
Run them under a faucet or yard sprinkler for a bit and see how they'll handle rain.

I have just run the TANK007 under the faucet for about 2-3 minutes and there was no problem with the TK-566. If fact after inspecting the clicky switch arrangement internally and comparing the design against the Fenix L2D, I am actually more confident that the TK-566 is better protected against water ingress than this Fenix model.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/23/09 12:05 AM)