Originally Posted By: comms
But I will say this to alleviate your concern. Unless I am horrible misunderstanding the use of anxiety medication, even if your unconscious or unresponsive, you would not need the medication until you or a family member can communicate with hospital staff.

This is true. If I am unresponsive then I do not need my medication. My reason for bringing this up is to know if a responder would need to know this information if I am unresponsive.

In the event of an acute attack my breathing would be fast and shallow which in turn would cause a drop in oxygen saturation. Though unlikely it is still possible for my oxygen saturation to drop to where my brain is oxygen deprived. In that event I would need oxygen, not medication. Of course if a responder did find me unresponsive with fast shallow breathing, he or she would check my oxygen saturation.

It seems I answered my own question.

Jeanette Isabelle