Quote:
How often does that search succeed?

The search succeeds 100%, if one is looking for a Medical Alert device. I will be honest that looking for a Medical Alert tattoo has not been on my radar screen and considering the number of tattoos some individuals have, I don’t think I would expend an enormous amount of time trying to decipher tattoos. Now if a Medical Alert symbol was tattooed in the usual places ones looks for a Medical Alert device, I would obviously pay heed.

Quote:
Nobody I have ever known has ever done any of these.

Not quite sure if mean EMS personnel not looking or if you mean people are not wearing a Medical Alert device. If you mean EMS personnel are not looking for a Medical Alert device, they are not performing a proper patient survey. If you mean people are not wearing a Medical Alert device, well then they are endangering their own life.

Quote:
The tattoo is out-of-the-question for all but a couple, and a necklace is banned in many work environments.

I would think that a Medical Alert bracelet or necklace would be covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. A breakaway chain would address any entanglement/safety issues.

Pete