First question, "Are there any other easily purchased lights rated for hazardous environments besides the Pelican series of lights?"

Covered well above.

Second question is, "What are your favourite flashlights and why?"

My favorite isn't really a flashlight (torch for my friends in the UK). My most used light is a Princeton Tec EOS headlamp - the newer Rebel LED version. It does everything I need it to do: It packs small, is VERY bright, has several easy-to-use one-handed settings (hi, medium, low, flash), and, best of all, when placed on my head it magically points in the direction I'm looking AND leaves me with two hands to do work (put up tent, cook, clean, light fire, ...). These days my only use for regular flashlights are around the house and in the truck.

My favorite regular flashlight that I HAVE and USE is a Fenix TK10, though if I had to do it over again I'd probably buy the more pocket-friendly PD30. I also have a Fenix P1D that provides a stunning amount of light for its very pocketable size. I only wish it had a push-button switch instead needing to turn the head to turn it on. The Fenix PD20 has the push-button switch, but is noticeably larger than the P1D. Both Fenix lights are BRIGHT and TOUGH as nails.

The third question is. "What would you like a flashlight to have, or be, that you don't see on the market yet?"

You know, I'm so happy with the EOS I can't think of much I'd need improved. It might be nice if the elastic of the orange model was bright orange instead of gray - to make it easier to find if dropped. That's about it. ABSOLUTELY GREAT LIGHT!!!