Alan nailed the first manufacturers that came to my mind. Actually, Fulton makes a ton of flashlights that many people in the military and industry (including mining) are carrying right now, but they just have no idea what brand the light is. Lighting Pro Technology is another company which is most famous for its power management technology in its incandescent lights.

My favorite light changes but at the moment, it's actually the humble Gerber Infinity Ultra with red LED. Lately, I find myself using it a lot of make middle of the night bathroom trips without hurting my eyes. Not a very sexy answer, I know, but it is what it is. I have more expensive lights with a white LED that can go as dim or dimmer, but this Gerber is handy for me.

Two things I would like to see more of. One thing I'd like to see in general is a way to allow most lights to throw a nice, even flood-type beam. You need that narrow beam for things like spotting things at a distance, but I think most normal folks are using their flashlights at very short range most of the time, and a small, intense hotspot just gets in the way in those cases. Maybe a flip-up diffuser that locks flat against the light when not in use would be an economical and convenient way to get a nice even light. Any diffuser that isn't attached to the light is sure to be lost. Sure, you lose some light when you use a diffuser, but at least with LED technology, there's plenty of light being generated even if you lose some with a diffuser.

The other thing I'd like to see in LED lights is more of a shift to "warmer" tints. I know that there ARE lights available already (and I refuse to buy any LED lights that aren't), but they're not the norm. It's just a personal preference, but the typical cool or bluish tint of LED light bugs my eyes. The color might look wonderfully white against a white wall, but I dislike the way it washes out colors. This is purely a personal preference. I realize that we're losing some sheer output when we shift away from the cool white tints because the cool whites are most efficient, but like I said above, LED lights are already pumping out a lot of photons nowadays, so I can live with it.