Thank you for your response.

These are the kinds of issues I wanted to hear.

I promise I am not a vigilante first responder.

The problem I face is working in an industry that often places the crews I am responsible for in very remote locations respective to Fire/Rescue/EMS services. We are often a minimum of an hour from the nearest town that might even have a volunteer FD, but often even farther.

Once assigned a job site, part of my initial survey is finding the two closest Fire/Rescue services and visiting them in person. I provide the FD with a map to the location, and the GPS coordinates. We also establish a helicopter LZ and set up to mark it day or night (FD/EMS apparatus road requirements are considered). If said LZ is "off site", I also provide the location info to the FD. Cell/Radio towers are notoriously dangerous places for helicopters due to guy wires and the proximity of power lines.

Then I ask them for their input as to what they need from me should we have an emergency. Usually they ask how we plan to rescue someone from the tower, as they are not trained/equipped for high angle work. ALL of our employees are trained and certified for high angle rescue, and we have to re-certify every six months. Several of my guys have become volunteers in their respective communities because they have this training and the VFD doesn't.

Generally in this line of work if something bad happens the victim is DRT, and there is not much going to change it except a time machine. I am just researching this as a means to help if a "normal" bad thing happens like sudden cardiac arrest.

Right now, the budget precludes any purchase. That is allowing me to research this with my lawyers and two of the MD's I built homes for (1 trauma knife and 1 Cardio/Thoracic cutter), and get more training before making any decisions.

I was set for what Red Cross call Professional CPR/AED to cap off my basic CPR, but the class didn't fill so that is delayed until next month.

Thanks again for the information.

RIP OBG