Our growing season is long enough for lots of berries, but not for most nuts and protein-type beans.

Didn't get out for bush Saskatoon berries (serviceberry to some) this year. Our plantation of tame ones gave us all we could handle.

Every year I notice hazelnuts forming in the bush and plan to get back when they're ripe; but in a week the squirrels have them all and laugh at me when I return. Ratfinks.

I harvested a few heads off of sunflowers. I could have dried them for seed/food, but I didn't have time to fuss with them. So I cut the fleshy stuff off the back and put them in the bird feeders.

I dry a lot of seeds for scarlet runner beans to plant next year, as well as squash varieties that thrived, and scatter seeds from flowers that bring in the pollinators.

There's a spot in the farmer's field outside my property where he swerved around the wheat because of a downed tree. I think I'll saunter out there and collect the wheat, including stalks and roots, for my DW's class. Here's where your bread comes from, kids; what's the next step? It's always more real when they see it and touch it.