Bugging out:

I would try to put aside my irrational desire to save my home when the threat was obviously more than I could handle. If I want to wait until (or past) the last minute to evacuate, I should realize that I'm on my own, and no one in their right mind is going to risk their lives due to my extremely poor judgment. This is be one of those 'pay to play' deals.

Wildfire or firestorm. Waiting until the flames are licking at my wheels (or heels) seems like a stupid thing to do. If my house was on fire, I would run outside, rather than sitting in my easy chair, hoping God is bored with everyone else at this moment in time.

Flooding. Flooding rarely is unexpected, yet people just sit, hoping against hope that the 50F temps aren't going to melt those 25 feet of dense, accumulated snow like NOAA and the NFIP are saying is a dead certainty. If the weather folks are wrong AGAIN, I can go back later, right?

Tsunamis and my beachfront home. I may object to the laws of physics, but I would have to be a real idiot to think they're going to change for me.

Volcano lahar. The people who survived the eruption of Mt. St. Helens said the lahar resembled a wave of thick wet concrete studded with boulders, large trees, cars and trucks, heavy machinery, parts of houses, etc. Volcanoes tend to give a good bit of warning, so I should have plenty of time to get my ducks in a row. Harry Truman's stand of mindless bravado was stupid by (nearly) anyone's standards. And he took his 16 cats with him. Poor cats.

Nuclear, radiological and chemical accidents. Running like a scalded cat would be my choice here. Try to keep up.

Bugging in:

Earthquake - If I get past the first big shake, I'll camp out in the back yard.

Snow, ice and winter storms - that's why they invented shovels and wood stoves.

Only occasional tornadoes around here. If I'm in the cross hairs, well...

Hurricanes - at least there's SOMETHING I don't have to worry about!

Thunderstorms / lightning - hunker down, close eyes, stick fingers in ears, hold onto scared dog with my elbows.

Heatwave - hahahahahaha! I think the absolute record here was 107F for one day and 103F for three days. Lawn chair + sprinkler + lemonade.

Landslides and mudflows - nothing higher than my place within reach.

Terrorism - If the neighbor's dog kills another chicken I'll borrow a gun and shoot him.

Sue