Jeanette,

You present a great question and honesty in your post. Let me add to what some others have said. By your own admission you have been on the "net for a while. You also appear to have an interest in improving your communication skills. Both of these are very large steps forward in personal growth and development.

Here is something I would recommend you do to see how this thing has played out on this particular forum: Go to the "User List" at the top of the page. When you are there sort it by number of posts. Read a good sample of posts from those who have posted over 500, 700 times or whatever you feel is a good number. I believe you will find a pattern in their responses and approaches. I have found them to be well-informed and well-reasoned. Now, that is not to suggest in any way those who have posted less are less informed or reasoned; you just have to have a method.

Another way of looking at this is to think of the person whom you respect the most. Reflect on how well you communicate with them and why. I would suppose you will find you take a measured and mindful approach when speaking with them. Do the same here. Trust me when I say we all want to have you around the campfire so we can here the questions, stories and experiences. I have had nothing but a good time and been treated very well since joining and think you will to.

My $.02