I'm updating my power outage list based on your post. Lots of good ideas. Which inverter did you use, or is it built into the craftsman unit?

As far as power quality goes, an LCD monitor and desktop computer should be fine, worst case you'll take out the supply, but I doubt even that as they're probably 50-60Hz. They're both switching power supplies, which mean they convert the AC to DC, and then have a DC to DC converter to take that to the low voltages for the electronics.

My worry would be the electronics in appliances, and motors. I don't think motors like running on the wrong voltage or frequency.

Some APC ups's let you adjust the sensitivity for switching, not sure if the smaller ones do. I've always liked them because the build quality used to be a lot better than trip-lite, but I've never tried to run either from a small generator. They work fine from a big (250kva+) standby generator, but that thing puts out pretty much line quality power.

Oh, and give yourself a gold star for having two generators, too. Good planning.