Originally Posted By: martinfocazio
. . .First of all - to the members in CA -

a. What have you heard about how legal handgun ammo purchasing will be handled? Do you have more, accurate information?

b. Assuming that these restrictions stay in place, has anyone discussed how the role of the FFL dealer affects purchasing?

c. Are clubs and other organizations subject to this law? . . .
Assuming the law stands and is not stricken by the courts, it seems fairly clear (once you get through all the deletions).

a. My internet purchases will no longer be available as a source. The retailers I do business with will need to move the cases of ammo they now keep out on the floor behind the counter. Don't know how they'll do that without renovations, but the cost will be passed on. Other than that I'll be able to buy cases of ammo, but will need to give a thumbprint and sign for it as stipulated in the law which means I'll be registering the ammo. Hmmm -- how does that work without serial numbers on the cartridges?

b./c. Don't know how this will effect the FFL or clubs, but the transfer of ammo requires paperwork be maintained which will add to the burden of paperwork they already hold.

(snipped content by moderator)

Edited by martinfocazio (10/14/09 05:23 PM)
Edit Reason: Leaving the facts, removing the opinions.