"While all the crap I carry would really be too much for her, I'm sure I can figure something out. Grin."

There is probably a way that you can set things up to where she does not have to carry it all. Perhaps staging stuff in a locked filing cabinet? Does her job have lockers? If not, is getting some possible? It may be that this could be helped along by just needing a place to secure overcoats and purses etc. Who knows?

In a previous job, I noticed that certain filing cabinets were only opened by me, and then only in long intervals.

When I asked the boss if I could lock one drawer, he said sure, go ahead. I found a way of locking it that involved a long rod that went through the cabinet and hung a lock on it.

Being of a cautious nature, late one afternoon, I also removed the drawers and installed some loooong drywall screws through the back and one side of the cabinet and into the walls (it was in a corner, and for good measure I put in a pair of removable floor anchors). Once the dust was cleaned up I put the drawers back in.

From time to time, someone would ask about moving "that old filing cabinet" and I'd just say that it was pretty heavy.

When I left that job, and clued in my co-worker about the secure spot. "jeez, all this time I thought that it was just a broken old filing cabinet that was loaded with heavy files!" It was good for a laugh.