$900,000 for a half unit or $1,750,000 for a full unit, what a bargain. It's a neat concept though. I liked a lot of their ideas such as hydroponics and aquaponics for fresh foods as a backup to freeze dried storage foods.

As mentioned, with it being a used missile silo, they have about a $60,000,000 head start on anyone trying to build something similar from the ground up... Or the ground down as the case may be.

There are things I wonder about though, such as the luxurious nature of some of the amenities. I understand the group that they're trying to attract with these living spaces (just look at the price), but a lot of the equipment is just a drain on resources. Live through the apocalypse in style!

I also question the 50kW wind turbine. Even if it's enough to power all of the systems, a turbine that large is a gigantic sign that advertises the place and would be easily seen from miles around. A wind turbine rated for that much power has 25 ft blades and needs to be at least 100 ft in the air. In a world where such a place might be needed for survival, a lot of folks are going to want that power and the residents are going to have to defend the turbine from underground.

If I were going to put together a similar place I'd go with photovoltaics. Even though I'd need a huge bank of arrays to provide a similar amount of power, I could screen them from ground view with well placed tree groves. It would also be easier for maintenance because the arrays are close to the ground.