Thanks much for all the advice. This is a prototype mainly built with items I had on hand and with an eye to low cost. It's really meant to be a once in a while, disposible kit with the focus on the kind of emergencies that wouldn't require EMS or FD. I'll let the users fine tune the kit according to their needs. One of the ideas behind this effort is to give the employees an impetus to start their own preparedness exercises.

Responding to your comments in no particular order:

I've had good luck with these coin cell lights. They've been on key rings for a couple of years and still work fine. For incidental use they're good. Not in budget to put in Arc AAA lights or similar prtoducts. They have both a momentary and locked on switch. The battery is easily replaced and it comes with a substantial attachment point.

The PocketMod is an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper that is printed on one side, blank on the other folded in 8's. I'll put some basic instructions, list of contents, perhaps 'borrow' some of Doug's S.T.O.P copy from his PSK instructions. I'll leave a couple of sections blank for notes that can be torn off and left behind.

The mini chemlight does have draw backs but it makes a good marker especially if the seeker has NVG's. They could attach it using the cord or some of the duct tape to affixt it.

The reflective flagging tape takes no room but I thought it would useful to tie around an arm or a bag strap if you get stuck walking home in the dark or inside a Metro tunnel. The duct tape packs are cheap and I'm a klutz.

The light duty cord was for those things where paracord doesn't work, like a broken shoestring. Though I might swap the orange for black.

I made a choice to not include meds, I think that's a personal decision.

I'm stretching the rules of engagement already with the card tool knife; building rules prevent even a SAK Classic.

Safety pins! Got to find a source. I'm sure I can fit a couple in there.

Will probably take the tinder out (it's a cardboard-like material that fluffs up to catch a spark). They could always burn the instructions...

I was thinking about putting a hotel giveaway sewing kit in there but didn't have any at home. And didn't feel like buying 500 of them from the hotel supply site. Taking a trip next week, I'll try to find some.

You gotta admit that the mini-tooth brush is neat! I'm going to leave it in as sometimes an emergency is having a spinach cheese pizza for lunch and them remembering you need to brief the client at 2.

I don't really care how they make use of the kit, more important is that they start thinking about preparedness. I'll make refills an employee benefit.

Again, thanks for the advice, even if I'm too stubborn to take it all!

Andy

Desperado, can I make a living without freezing my butt off in the wilds of Canada?