such a clever kit. smile I'm very impressed with the ingenuity and space use. and also impressed that you're bothering to make this effort for your employees, most don't.

some thoughts:

the light-charged glow tape on the outside is a nice idea. that gives the option of possibly using the case itself for signaling.

those teeny chemlights are actually kind of useless. they're so small that they don't give off much light and there's no way to hang them or clip them. you have to hold onto them, which means your hands are covering most of the light since the sticks are so small. the only way I've been able to use them was to attach them to something else with a rubberband. You have one on the lighter, so that might work.

you have a pencil, but no paper to write on (the paper is tinder, so that leaves them kinda at a loss). you may want to stick a sheet or two of small notepad paper in there. shouldn't take up room and allows the person to write down key instructions, phone numbers, etc. that they'd need to keep and not burn. Another thought: the credit card tool has a pen, so if it's effective then the pencil isn't needed at all.

personally, I'd take out the travel toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as the dental pick. for an office type emergency they're not really important and you can use that space for something else. especially since there is a toothpick on the credit card tool.

I'm not really sure what they'd need the Reflective flagging tape for. but I guess it can't hurt. though if you're stuck for space you could probably remove it to use that slot for something else.

I'd suggest having a bandanna. you could attach it to the outside with a rubberband if needed. you have that expandable towel, but that requires water and water is likely to be scarce unless they're carrying it on them.

you already have cord on the cover holding the whistle so I don't think you need the extra inside. that should also free up some space.

if possible, the thing I'd most want to see upgraded is the flashlight. those little button key chain things don't last long and I've found often the battery goes dead just sitting in your bag before you even have a chance to use it. with a few of the dental items removed you could probably put a small pinkie-sized LED light in there, which would be more beneficial.

I'd replace the lifesaver with some pain reliever: tylenol or advil (or the generic equivalent). pain reliever is much more likely to be useful and one of those little single-serving packets would take up about the same space.

ETA:
additional thoughts:
- some dental floss. thinner than the cord and can be used for repairs.
- sewing needle (midweight or heavyweight) and 1 or more safety pins.

Edited by Y_T_ (10/11/09 01:28 AM)