I've tried Candlepowerforums.com a few times and have always been intimidated by it. It's not a place for beginners like me I think. Good thing there's a lot of knowledge and experience to be found here.

I've tried the CGM AAA light before it was bought out by Gerber, and found that it had one major flaw in that the number of complete turns it took for the battery cap to come off was pretty low resulting. This is the same cap that's used in a twisting manner to turn the light on and off. For me, this light or any of its' descendants is not a good choice.

On the other hand, the Gerber Infinity Ultra does take some turning before that cap comes off. Unfortunately it's a bit larger. Then again, it is a AA light.

I've reverted to my Maglites modified with LEDs and have found that this is the best bargain for your dollar - cheap, sturdy, uses regular batteries and has long battery life compliments of the LED conversion mods. The pride of my collection is a 4 D-cell mag with a TerraLUX MiniStar 5 LED (approx. 15hrs battery life) while the workhorse is a 2AA mag with a Nite Ize LED (approx. 8hre battery life).

Long live the AA and AAA (and D-cell) Club!!!

Nas.

PS. Sorry about the rant - get a Gerber Infinity Ultra...