Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
Sorry, but I simply cannot fathom going to a church that needs security...I dont think I would want to be part of that community, if I had a choice. No offense to the OP...but a place of peace shouldnt NEED this level of protection. It simply baffles the mind!!!

It shouldn't; especially in small, quiet, rural communities.

There are places that normal people would like to think we are safe. However, if you actually think evil is going to stop at the door of our churches, homes or schools then you aren't looking at history very objectively.

There are many examples but here is one recent case. The perpetrator has not been caught.

http://newsok.com/life-goes-on-in-anadarko/article/3400327?custom_click=lead_story_title#

The grisly Aug. 23 slaying of the Rev. Carol Daniels garnered international attention after her mutilated body was found on a Sunday afternoon inside the Christ Holy Sanctified Church. Sources told The Oklahoman Daniels was found nude and in what appeared to be a "crucifix position” behind the altar.