The biggest things I have to worry about are:

My job - My wife's job - things are still a mess. My company will be letting about 300 people - about half the people in my location - go within the next 12 months. So far I'm safe. It would help me out a lot of you guys would be so kind as to go out and buy a new American-made or European-made car.

My children's sanity - both of my kids are in their early teens. I'm currently researching military academies as a solution (not really, but its come to mind). Are all young teenage girls this complex??

Angry mobs of Olympics Chicago 2012 supporters. They are not happy. Right now I think most of them are in the shock/denial stages, but soon they'll go into the anger stage ... then watch out!

Home power loss - just about everything in my home relies on electrical service - heat (we have propane but need electricity for the furnace), drinking water (we have a well), sanitation (each toilet gets one flush, though we could melt snow for flushes). A long-term loss of electrical service would be relatively catastrophic. We've talked about getting a generator, but so far its not been enough of a priority. Yeah ... I'm stupid.

An exponential increase in the "me first & screw you" kind of mentality that seemed to have at least temporarily gone away immediately after 9/11. It was amazing to see people so kind as to yield the right-away (per the law) or allow you some space to merge into traffic when a lane ended. Today they all seem angry when they hit the road and not much better when out of their cars ... at least around here. It think more and more people think that theft is an acceptable idea IF it is from corporations or those with at least what is perceived as higher incomes. My daughter had a garage sale and it was amazing to see how many people were trying to steal stuff - just trying to walk away with it. I think they perceived us as having higher income so they felt there was no real harm in stealing (that we somehow deserved it).

Traffic Jams - there is so much repaving of local roads that I literally cannot drive anywhere without the regular threat of sitting in a repaving-induced traffic jam. Eventually the roads will be real nice, but it is pretty much a nightmare around here. These don't mix well with the attitude previously mentioned.

content here deleted by moderator