Going to put all my things into one post. smile

- Most people will evacuate a building in the way they came it. Makes perfect sense. So, ask and find alternate exits.

- I always start my classes with instructions on where the fire extinguishers, first aid kids, AED's and fire exits are. If you're in a class or presentation and someone doesn't mention them, ask.

- In regarding evacuating the building, it is a real toss-up on whether to stay inside or not if you don't know what is going on. A normal fire, yes. A terrorist attack? I dunno. Could you tell the difference?

I have some degree of protection inside a building than I do fully exposed on a street. Thankfully those who are deranged wanted to make a political statement and put the planes into the buildings where the effects were isolated for a time. They didn't put their flying molotav cocktails into wide open streets where tens of thousands of unprotected people had evacuated to and were watching. If I had to choose a way to die, burning alive (whether heat or chemical), would be the last on my list. Even with all that, I'd still evacuate. Don't forget to take your jacket

- Regarding people not leaving, I'm a Fire Warden, and we've been given explicit instructions that we may disconnect any call or any network connection. In the event of wireless, we can just take the laptop with us. smile We are fully backed by our CEO and President. I don't think I have the power to physically remove people, but would make a note of who they are, where they are, what clothing they are wearing, so that I may report them to building security and management. I also volunteer in another city in the state, and could possibly give a "lawful order", but not sure of that. Either way, I'm not sticking around for their bad decision to hurt me.