Closely watching what's happening back East. Here in So. California, land of earthquakes and riots, a lot us are prepared. I think I'd have done okay if the East Coast scenario occured here.

Hope this is useful to somebody. And I'm open to suggestions, if I missed anything.
1. 15 flashlights in my house and car, half of them long lived, battery stretching, non-bulb burning, LED types. Two of them are headlamps, very convenient for freeing up hands. Three are ARC LS's and three ARC AAA's, perfect for pocket carry.
2. A box full of D, C, AA, AAA batteries.
3. No generator, too expensive, but I have two inverters that can convert car battery power into AC, about 500 watts worth, enough to power a TV and a few lights. I'll loan a hundred watts to my two neighbors in exchange for gasoline to keep my car battery charged. Can recharge cell phones and operate a laptop..
4. A box of rechargable C, AA and AAA NMHi batteries. I can recharge these from the car battery using my inverters and my 1 hour Ray-O-Vac charger.
5. I also have a Brunton solar charger, as my last ditch power source to recharge my AA batteries, though they are limited to charging 4 AA batteries per day.
7. I recently bought adapters to convert AAA cells into AA, AA cells into C, and C cells into D cells.
8. Half a dozen battery powered battery powerd radios of various sizes.
9. One 2" TV powered by 5 AA cells, with AC adapter to run from my car battery+inverter.
10. 2 cases of MRE's, a lot of food on hand, and at least 10 gallons of bottled water.

I work at the airport on swing shift so I routinely carry lights. If I'd been stuck at work, I'd have access to at least 12 flashlights. The ARC LS and ARC AAA in my pockets, a Surefire E2e in my attache, a couple cheap mini-LED light also in my attache. I also have three AA lights in my locker. I have a half dozen AA batteries, four CR123 cells, a half dozen AAA's. The office supply cabinet contains a box of AA cells, and our department emergency kit has a D cell light and two cases of MRE's and at least 40 gallons of water, and I keep a couple AA to D cell adapters. If I can reach my car, I have a Surefire G-2, a Zipka headlamp, and a couple cheapo AA lights and C cell light. Also, two miniature, battery radios, one of them in my car.

I sound smug now because I spent time, money, and studying this web site to be in my position, but I know not to be too confident, because events don't always follow my pre-planned scenarios.