Originally Posted By: comms

Paying $6 per OTC pill is annoying, getting a bill for $400 from a doctor who looked at your chart at the nurses station while you were asleep and billed you a full consult after scanning the pages, is criminal. Its happen to me once and my son a few times.

"I don't have your card (or your name is not on my sign in list), you prove to me you did what you said you did." Stops a lot of issues cold.

This is a very good idea - BUT - remember not to be confrontational. I had a medical plan with a very high deductible - $5,800 per year - and for me, I wanted to make sure all the expenses were being credited toward the deductible. Same basic rules - different purpose.

I found that logging each and every interaction was tedious, ridiculous and complicated, and it was well worth it. Many expenses that "did not apply" for the deductible actually did.

Also, make sure you have a FULL COPY of your health plan - with ALL riders - and be ready to read it all, and be ready to cite from it repeatedly.

It's a battle folks - no doubt about it - and you can win with better information.