A little off track but.....

Yesterday during a community project two workers were involved in an accident. One guy was using those big scissor-type hedge clippers to clear some heavy grass from around a grave marker. Another guy was clearing the cuttings away. YUP!! You guessed it. Two objects tried to break the laws of physics and occupy the same place at the same time. The guy clearing was clipped rathr severely at the base of his middle finger. He was bleeding rather heavily. It was pretty deep. As soon as I saw it I ran to my car and opened my FAK. I grabbed a 12-ply 4x4 and some tape. I met him and the other guy at the car. I doubled the dressing and taped it on. The hospital was only 3-4 minutes away. They took off. I looked on the ground and there was a good-sized puddle of blood. That was not a little cut! I thought I did good. Not exactly getting prepared as being prepared and acting on it.

In hindsight I realize I need to have gloves more readily available. I think I will use someone's example of having one quart ziplock quick-FAKs. I need to get on that.