My thoughts, as a layman:

It seems like he's showing worst case situations. For example, if there'd been a ladder when they got down to the second roof, cool, everyone is down and safe. But they showed the less-familiar example of a rescue bag, and now everyone who's seen the show at least has some idea what to do. (Actually doing it may be a different matter.)

They knew the fire was getting closer. Their anchor was outside that room, wrapped around a desk spanning a doorway. If they waited until the flames got to their room, there would be a strong chance they wouldn't all get out, either just due to time, or due to the heat making their anchor fail. Waiting was not an option.

The RJ45 connectors were irrelevant. They found cables long enough to reach the lower roof in a single length. I wish he'd shown some simple way to tie cables together that wouldn't fail. Most of us know how, but out of a random group of people, how many others would?

Was it the "how to survive a wildfire" thread here where NOT weting down your clothes was discussed? Cade lost points there, which left me feeling a need to confirm anything he said that wasn't obvious, or I didn't already know.

And leaves me concerned about future information.