Hmmm, I like the idea of forcing people to confront the fact that emergency services can't swoop down from heaven and fly them off to safety and comfort. However, I suspect such a letter would cause people just to get angry rather than take any additional responsiblity for their safety. frown I can just imagine them yelling, "For what reason have I paid taxes?!" (in my head everyone speaks proper English).

Maybe you could add a blurb about budget cuts or that not as many people are volunteering anymore. You might also say something about attending CERT classes to help the community.

I'd also rewrite this sentence as it kind of negates everything you said earlier, at least the the chronically dependent:
Quote:
We are ready willing and able to help you with your needs and we look forward to assisting you.

Maybe something like "We are ready and willing to help you determine your and your family's needs to prepare for likely emergencies."

-Blast

Edited by Blast (09/09/09 03:49 PM)
Edit Reason: bad speller
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.